[pct-l] route options

Gary Wright gwtmp01 at mac.com
Wed Jun 2 14:36:24 CDT 2010

On Jun 2, 2010, at 2:35 PM, David Ellzey wrote:

> My advice is to not let the fear make decisions for you. Go ahead and enter the Sierras, if based on your actual experience you feel uncomfortable continuing, bail out and make new plans from there.

I'd echo that.  Just prepare yourself mentally for backtracking if you feel uncomfortable going on.  Easier to make that decision if you prepare yourself ahead of time.

I would also suggest, if you decide to jump ahead, bailing out at Trail Pass into Lone Pine rather than at Kennedy Meadows.  There are more public transportation options from Lone Pine.  Getting out of Kennedy Meadows might be more difficult.  Also remember that if/when you return you'll need to get to and from this point also.  Again, this is easier at Lone Pine than at Kennedy Meadows.

Radar