[pct-l] Feet Swelling

Eric Lee saintgimp at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 8 01:41:37 CDT 2010

Nate wrote:

While we're on the subject of feet, I've been getting blisters on the balls
of my feet, right behind my second toes, which seems to be a strange place
to get blisters.  It's also a pretty darned near debilitating place and I
was forced off the trail a couple of years ago and had to do some concerted
damage control to avoid the same last June.  Is there something different
that leads to blisters on that part of the foot vs. on other parts such as
the heel or toe edges?

I tend to get blisters on the balls of my feet as well, either behind the
big toe or sometimes behind the second toe.  I don't know what causes
blisters in that particular location but I'd love to know if anyone has any
ideas.

What completely solves it for me is proactively putting a layer or two of
tape across the entire width of my foot in that location.  I'm a big fan of
Kinesio Tex tape for that job, which is a bit on the expensive side but is
just about the perfect blend of durability and gentleness for my feet.  It's
not messy, unlike powders or lubricant sticks, and one tape application
lasts me about four or five days before I have to replace it.

Eric