[pct-l] Garmin Oregon 450T On Sale

Halfmile list at lon.net
Wed Jun 30 15:38:39 CDT 2010

Doc Holiday,
You are correct, that technically they are not waypoints if loaded
with Garmin's POI loader. This means if you wanted to find a point,
you will not find them under waypoints but rather do a find > custom
points of interest (or on the Dakota/Oregon models find > extras).

Since the files are .gpx files, Garmin's Mapsource application will
open them and display them.

Depending on how your computer is set up, you might not be able to
double click a .gpx file and have it open in Mapsource. You might have
to do a file > open from within Mapsource or drag and drop the file to
the Mapsource icon.

If you want to merge the points with another Mapsource files you
already have, you copy and then paste the waypoints into different
Mapsource files. Go to the waypoints tab, select your waypoints, copy,
then paste into another Mapsource file.

-Halfmile