[pct-l] Garmin Oregon 450T On Sale

Stewart Johns stewfjohns at att.net
Wed Jun 30 13:53:34 CDT 2010

Halfmile wrote:
Yoshihiro,
Did you use POI loader to transfer the waypoints to the Map60Csx?
http://www8.garmin.com/products/poiloader/

You may need to set the zoom levels as described in this posting:
http://mailman.backcountry.net/pipermail/pct-l/2010-June/039476.html

All my tracks and waypoint files have been created using Garmin's
software, so they should be compatible with Garmin devices.
I loaded all of these waypoints this morning into my Garmin 60csx using
halfmiles intructions in the previous post using the poi loader, and it worked perfectly.  Although,
I think technically they are not waypoints, but custom points of interest, since
that is the catagory they show up on in my gps.  I was wondering if it is possible
to transfer these custom poi's on to a mapsource map.  When I tried that, it didn't
work.  The only options for transfer are for maps, tracks, waypoints, and routes.
Nothing about custom poi's.  Any suggestions?

Doc Holiday