[pct-l] Food Drop Services

Ron chiefcowboy at verizon.net
Tue Mar 2 19:58:35 CST 2010

Thest best and most expeditious method is to hike out Kersearge Pass to Big
Pine.  Lone Pine is an easy hitch south (7 miles or so)  There is next to
nothing in Big Pine but Lone Pine has it all.  Great restaurants, good
resupply, friendly folks, the hostel and best of all the Dow Villa
Hotel/Motel where they treat you like a king.  The hostle is $20 a night and
you share a room with several (if not lots of folks).  The Dow gives you
privacy, spa and pool, etc. for not much more if you split a room.

Folks are real friendly and the place has a lot of historical significance
too.  You're guaranteed to enjoy it and be glad you stopped there.

While in town (if you take a zero or not) be sure to stop by the Film Museum
which is also rich in history.  Donation of $5 and you'll be amazed what the
local folks have put together.

Burnign Daylight
PCT Class of '09