[pct-l] Salomon trail runners

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Thu Mar 4 18:20:02 CST 2010

1) Goretex bad. You're feet will hate you in the desert. I made that
mistake and promptly bought non-goretex shoes from the outlet mall in
Cabazon.
2) The people at REI won't understand using running shoes for
backpacking. Don't put a whole lot of stock in their "professional"
opinions.
3) I tried the New Balance 811s and hated them. I do like my New
Balance 477 $40 shoes, though. They are superior to the 811s in every
way, although they are street runners. I hike in them anyway though.

Diane