[pct-l] Night light

Halfmile list at lon.net
Wed Mar 17 19:37:48 CDT 2010

I don't like the XP 2 headlamp at all.
It's glare city, especially if you wear glasses. Something about the
translucent housing, the light reflecting off the sliding defuser tab,
and the odd angle of the beam is a really bad combination. Also it
only has a 2 position switch so you often have to choose between too
bright or not bright enough.
For doing much night hiking, the Princeton Tec EOS is the best I have
found, if you don't mind the extra 1/2 ounce in weight. They
redesigned the EOS in 2008. The new ones have a frosted lens, a newer
type of LED bulb and say something about 50 lumens on the packaging.
-Halfmile