[pct-l] USB device charging

Thomas Jamrog balrog at midcoast.com
Thu Mar 18 06:29:36 CDT 2010

Thanks for the tip on the shorter cable, I just ordered one.  I have had good results with my iPod Touch (just like the iPhone in most ways but without the monthly phone charges)  using  the Solio classic solar charger, which also serves as a storage battery when charged up via the wall plug.  I get two charges of the iPod Touch with it.  You can also use the sun to recharge the unit if you hike in those conditions.  The numbers are :  1650Amh, 5-6V , 800 mA output range,  4.8 watts. There is also a special adapter you need to buy from Solio that mates between the Ipod Touch or iPhone and the plug coming out of the Solio unit.
Uncle Tom

Read all about it right now ( hotlinked)  at  www.trailjournals.com .