[pct-l] Hands free Umbrella holder

jeff.singewald at comcast.net jeff.singewald at comcast.net
Thu Mar 18 16:00:51 CDT 2010

Karen,

If you search the archives you will find some hands-free solution that someone on this list constantly promotes.   I believe he even gives them away at the ADZ event.

I have no awareness of how useful the solution is as I personally would not hike with an umbrella.  A good sun hat like a Tilly worked perfectly well for me in 2006.  Lots of folks on this list are fans of the umbrella, but I would not have wanted to deal with an umbrella in many of the hottest areas of the PCT (San Felipe Hills and the Mojave crossing) due to the high winds I encountered.

Elevator