[pct-l] Marmot "Traveller" rain jacket

Matthew Edwards hetchhetchyman at aol.com
Sat Mar 20 19:48:15 CDT 2010

Hey folks!
So I pretty much wore out my Marmot Precip on the PCT using ut as raingear and ground insulation. I went in to (local) Mel Cotton's outdoor stoor and found a replacement precip as well as a newcommer.
I found out Marmot makes a "precip traveller" version of the famous jacket.
While I chose the traditional precip.. For some folks the fact that the "traveller" covers your "Ass" as well might be worth the extra weight..
I can say Washington sent water sideways and upwards so a "full skirt" might have
 proved usefull.
Anyhow, The classic Precip jacket works just fine.. But there is the "traveller" option "long skirt" as well.
This year on the CDT when N. New Mex and S. Colo. Scares me. I will hug the ground with a Marmot Precip between myself and the elements. Damn.. If they were only lightning proof!
Cheers-Iceaxe
HikeStrong2010.com Benefits Cancer Research
Sent on the go from my Peek