[pct-l] PCT Hiker Needs a Ride from Portland

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Tue Mar 23 09:45:09 CDT 2010

**Good morning, David,

Even though this is in my backyard, I will most likely be hiking when you
arrive in Portland.  I am posting your request to PCT-L which is read by
numerous hikers and friends in the N. Oregon and S. Washington area.
Someone here will probably provide provide advise or may offer a ride.

For you as a PCT hiker subscribing to this list will be of great help.

Enjoy your hike,

Steel-Eye

*=====================================================

Help Needed for Visiting PCT Thru-hiker*

Anyone have any ideas about transportation help for a PCT thru-hiker from
Albany New York?
*
I read about you in the September 2007 PCTA Communicator.  Perhaps you could
help me.  I am tentatively planning on flying from Albany, NY to Portland on
July 30 and start hiking the PCT on July 31 from the Columbia River (Bridge
of the Gods) going north.*

* *
*Do you know how I might get from the Portland Airport to Cascade Locks to
stay overnight and start the hike?  It seems like it is over 40 miles.  I
notice per the web that there is lodging in  Cascade Locks - do you suggest
any particular motel for a PCT hiker?*

* *
*Thank you,*

* *