[pct-l] It Kinda Sucks.

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Tue Mar 30 08:19:42 CDT 2010

On Mar 29, 2010, at 10:22 PM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

>  There needs to be a standards commitee created to determine those
> who meet some minimal requirement before they can bare all in the
> wilderness as such an act can either enhance or completely destroy
> the natural beauty of the wilderness experience.

I actually think that people look better naked than clothed. Or at
least nakedness sort of neutralizes some unpleasant factors making
people just look human.

The real problem with naked day is that a thin layer of nylon is
often the only thing standing between you and horrible odors. Remove
that, and well, I don't want to think about it.

Also, since Summer Solstice is in June and most people are hiking the
High Sierra on that day, there's a risk of unfortunate mosquito bites
and badly-located sunburn.

Books I've written:
~ Piper's Flight
~ Adventure and Magic