[pct-l] Warner Springs theft

Sean 'Miner' Nordeen sean at lifesadventures.net
Tue May 4 14:09:00 CDT 2010

>In my experience, you have to be careful about setting ANYTHING close to the
>hiker boxes.  A few years ago, some hikers set their poles next to our
>boxes, and someone else thought they were freebies, discarded by someone
>else.

When I stayed at the Hiker Hut in Etna, my bunk bed was right next to the hiker box.  I had set my opened bounce box on the floor next to my bed, but that meant it was very near the hiker box.  I latter heard a guy who was going through the hiker box ask the room, why would someone throw a laptop in the hikerbox.  I then realized that he had been going through my bounce box.  Though the guy had enough sense to question some of the really nice stuff he was finding.

-Miner