[pct-l] Big Walker Pass Food Ruck

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Tue May 18 17:38:06 CDT 2010

Last year I heard about the Big Food Ruck at Walker Pass but it
didn't seem to me that I would be there when they had it. I was very
surprised to walk into it.

I had only started hiking two weeks before so I didn't have my hiker
hunger going. Nevertheless, the great food was much appreciated, and
even more appreciated was how I felt welcomed to join in even though
I wasn't a starving dirty hiker quite yet only 2 weeks into it. So
thank you Meadow Ed and the rest!

As for other trail magic...I found one cooler that was empty and yet
I was still reduced to tears that somebody cared.