[pct-l] Follow-up to the earlier GPS discussion

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Thu May 20 08:28:26 CDT 2010

Maybe it is because I've done the CDT (and backcountry ski)...but eventually you learn that it is OK to not follow
the trail exactly. Sometimes it is easier to make your own path than try to find
where the path has vanished.  (This is, I assure you, NOT a Zen saying..though it could be. ;) )

This attitude came in handy when the trail was buried in a mud slide all over the mountain last year
in the Sangres.

Many thru-hikers 'only' thru-hike.

Outdoor activity outside of their thru-hikes are limited to non-existent
and the appropriate outdoor skills may reflect those facts.

Just an observation that may or may not be true. :)

--Thoreau
http://www.pmags.com
http://www.redbubble.com/people/pmags/
http://www.facebook.com/pmags