[pct-l] Is it a Thru-Hike?

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Tue May 25 20:36:15 CDT 2010

Good evening, Thumper,

A generally-accepted definition of a thru-hike -- the one in which I believe
-- is having hiked the entire distance, border-to-border, in one year’s
hiking season.  Many thur-hikers skip around in response to preference, the
weather, the snow, or personal scheduling situations.  For example, Brian
Robinson, who hiked all three of the big trails in one calendar year, had to
skip around.  His only contiguous thru-hike was of the PCT.

Good luck,

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09