[pct-l] Trail workers/thru hikers

Marion Davison mardav at charter.net
Mon Nov 1 21:42:28 CDT 2010

The negative attitudes she experienced really surprise me.  We have been
doing trail work on section C in the spring for about 6 years.  We meet
a great many thru hikers, as we are working right when the front of the
pack is coming through.  A few walk by silently, but everyone else is
very polite and friendly.  Most are quite jovial.  I can't recall ever
having a negative encounter with a through hiker anywhere on the PCT,
either during my trail work time or during my summer hikes in the
Sierras.  I am sure that we occasionally meet people who hate to see our
llamas on the trail, but they don't speak up.   We were cussed out by
some climbers in SeKi once;  that's it.
Marion