[pct-l] Trail workers/thru-hikers

Kevin Cook hikelite at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 12:47:19 CDT 2010

maintenance, on the PCT, or elsewhere.

If I wanted to bring some token to show my appreciation, when I come across
a trail worker, what would you recommend? I was thinking a candy bar or
something. I usually carry some mini candy bars when I hike, so I was
thinking I would just try to make sure I always have a few extras with me to
hand out. Do you think that would be appreciated by a trail worker, or could
it be taken as trivializing their efforts. I want to tell them thank you in
some way that would be meaningful. The thought of handing them money seems
tacky to me. I don't want to carry something real heavy obviously, so any
other ideas?

I'd also like to take this opportunity to express my deep thanks to everyone
who has helped build the PCT. Thank you!

--
~ Kevin
Soon To Be PCT Thru Hiker!