[pct-l] Emergency Devices

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 26 19:39:42 CST 2010

Definitely - get the SPOT.  I used one in both 2008 & 2009 and was able to
successfully send my wife "I'M  OK" messages every night when I got to a camp -
all the way through from border to border. All of my messages got through and
that gave my wife great peace of mind. I also had a cell phone along but was
rarely able to use it while on the trail. The SPOT also has a "I need help from
friends" button, a tracking button (your family could follow your progress in
real time every 10 minutes on Google satellite pictures of your location) and,
very important, a "911" button for a real emergency.

MendoRider/Ed Anderson