[pct-l] Thru hikers south of snoqualmie

tokencivilian at yahoo.com tokencivilian at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 9 22:07:58 CDT 2010

3 of us PCTA volunteers were out cutting brush today about 21 miles south of snoqualmie pass.  We had 7 thru hikers come through the work zone between about 10 and noon.  They said they were the last major grouping still going.  I don't recall if they mentioned if there were further stragglers behind them.  They should have made the pass tonight about dark or shortly thereafter.

A note to those planning a hike in the coming years:  so far, folks have lucked out this year here in Washington.  While quite wet, its been relatively warm (as in no snow yet - not that it was WARM).  Do plan your hike, and keep moving along such that you'll be done by the first of October if at all practical.  '06 lucked out that it didn't snow until later in October while '07 was shut down in late September.  At his point in the year, its a crap shoot on the weather with the odds becoming progressively worse with each passing day.