[pct-l] PCT Thru Hike

Kevin Cook hikelite at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 18:47:31 CDT 2010

I agree with Diane. I was going to point out the same issue. I have people
asking about meeting up and hiking with me for a week or so. So far, I've
only given one hiking partner a green light. I explained to him that I need
to be doing 20+ miles by the time I get to the area he wants to join me
(Sierras). He thinks he will be able to keep up, but I'm already assuming I
will have to slow down a bit. I'm just going to limit it to only 5 days. I
figure I can make up the 25 miles from doing 5 days of 15 miles. He is an
extremely strong hiker though, and I warned him that he needs to put in the
miles!

Diane's suggestion is a good one. If they start with you, it might even make
a car shuttle easier with lots of folks around already doing rides and such.
If you go to ADZPCTKO, I bet you can score a ride there.