[pct-l] The AT as a "green tunnel"

abiegen at cox.net abiegen at cox.net
Wed Oct 20 10:55:19 CDT 2010

>The "Green Tunnel" description does not do it justice - there are tons of
>views.  I thought the forests were just great.  I couldn't get over just how
>beautiful they were.

I prefer to think of it as a colonoscopy of the Jolly Green Giant.  ;-}

Okay , so that's just a joke, of course.

I grew up on the east coast and explored the trails and lack of trails near my grandparent's summer house in the mountains. The big thrill was to go up to the "Bear Spot." Up there you could sit on some rocks and actually get a view. Never saw a bear up there but it was pretty exciting for a little kid.

I think I was twelve or thirteen before I learned that it actually was the "Bare Spot," a bald created by a lightning strike. I went back as an adult and we couldn't find it. It had grown back and vanished.

TrailHacker

"When my feet hurt, I can't think straight"
Abraham Lincoln