[pct-l] CDC recommendations for water treatment

David Thibault dthibaul07 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 22:59:14 CDT 2010

All you ever want to know about cypto

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptosporidium

Basically,  filters and boiling work,  chlorine doesn't,  No mention of Aqua
Mira which uses free Oxygen but I suspect it should work - just not sure of
the required wait time.

Even if I knew the wait time for Aqua Mira I doubt it would make any
difference  -- I am just barely waiting 20 minutes or else I can wait hours
it depends on my thirst when I hit a water source.

There is generally no effective treatment - it eventually goes away.

Day-Late