[pct-l] snow shoes

Jessica Winters jessicawinters at mac.com
Mon Oct 25 08:34:23 CDT 2010

I didn't need snow shoes at all on my thru hike in 02, nor did I even
think about bringing them with me, (in fact I hiked across the
sierras in my New Balance tennies.  I got wet every day but they also
dried out everyday where leather boots stay wet for days.  Some
microspikes would have been nice for the tennies to give a little
more traction but now I know!).

I do own a pair of the Ascent's and I think they are the best snow
shoes!  I use them all winter long to get out and winter hike here in
the Pacific Northwest...

Happy hiking planning,
Wildflower

Check out my motion picture hiking documentary along the Continental
Divide Trail at:

http://www.scarletandwildflower.com