[pct-l] Southern PCT in January

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Tue Oct 26 03:36:18 CDT 2010

You will be able to get to highway 74, north of Anza without needing
snow travel gear. The area north of HWY 74 in the Mt San Jacinto area
could be very dangerous. That would probably be around a week for most
folks.

There is a chance of snow in the Mt Laguna area, but nothing that
would impede your travel,

However very cold stormy weather with rain, snow and sub freezing high
velocity winds are very possible in the higher elevations, but you are
not ever far from a road in the mountains of San Diego, so bailing
out, and holding up in a hotel is a viable strategy.

Have fun.