[pct-l] trail cooking

Austin Williams austinwilliams123 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 16:15:09 CDT 2010

I couldn't agree more with everything you said.  I occasionally eat freeze
dried food from those thick food bags as well.  I'll reuse the bag to cook
other things in.  That way I don't have to worry about a ziplock bag
leaking.  Work like a charm.

My entire cookset, including pot, lid, stove, spoon, weighs about 4-5
ounces.  Add fuel for a 7 day week and the total comes to about 25 ounces
(and that's cooking 3 meals per day).  :)

One can use anything insulated as a pot cozy: jacket, sleeping bag,
whatever...

:)
--
Austin Williams

www.PlanYourHike.com
Info on PCT gear, resupply points, maps, movies, etc.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway."
-John Wayne