[pct-l] Gear question?

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Sat Sep 4 08:24:22 CDT 2010

Good morning, Tortoise,

Guilty as charged.  I am basically a frugal squirrel, but I have a practical
sense to disassociate cost from value:

1)      My wants are few but my needs are fewer.

2)      The “lightest” piece of gear is the one I can leave at home.

3)      The “heaviest” piece of gear is the one I carry, but never use.

4)      “If it's stupid but it works, it isn't stupid.” -- Universal
Military Quotes, Comments, and Axioms

5)      I favor gear that has more than one function.

6)      “In the last few years if you haven’t discarded a major opinion or
acquired a new one, check your pulse.  You may be dead.” -- Frank Gelett
Burgess

7)      When in doubt, leave it out.

8)      I really enjoy gear from years past; I just leave it home and carry
a more modern version.

9)      The likelihood of an item failing increases exponentially with the
number of parts it has.

10)  “We pack for our fears.”  -- Yogi

11)  “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to
pause and reflect.” -- Mark Twain

12)  “The weight of all your equipment is proportional to the cube of the
time you’ve been carrying it.”  -- Universal Military Quotes, Comments, and
Axioms

13)  Don’t believe everything you think.

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09