[pct-l] Boots?

Ken Powers ken at gottawalk.com
Tue Sep 14 17:02:04 CDT 2010

With your base weight you should be able to hike in trail runners rather
than the heavier boots. Find a comfortable pair for your feet. Marcia
struggled with foot problems for several years. We finally migrated to
lightweight trail runners without all the support built into the shoe. Now
our feet feel more comfortable. We treat hot spots as soon as we feel them.
We air out our feet at each stop and change socks frequently. We put on a
pair of "clean" socks every night to try to our sleeping bags clean.

Yeah, put socks in your re-supply boxes. But we have one rule about new
shoes - We always find a muddy/wet/messy stretch right after donning new
shoes. It is just inevitable.

Ken