[pct-l] Snicker Bandits & Strange Wild Eyed Thrus

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Tue Apr 5 07:44:43 CDT 2011

Moronic Unsupported Reinhold writes:  As far as seeing strange thrus at Hood, you don't need to go as far as Hood...you need only go as far as Lake Moreno....you will see some strange, wild eyed dudes right here at the KO.  It seems that most of them suffer from some form of hiking disorder....probably the result of to many nights at high elevation resulting in oxygen deprivation, which in turn causes brain cells to die, which in turn gives rise to a condition known in medical circles as  Moronic Hiking Disorder  "MHD"  very frequently associated with long distance hiking....can be fatal if left untreated.  It seems that some of the KO organizers also suffer from this malady.  Take Switchback for instance.....he thinks raiding and sacking innocent hikers is normal......but we know better..... it's "MHD".
Switchback replies:  MHD or Major Hiking Disorder has been around for centuries.  I remember it on the PCT back in the days when the last Ice Age glaciers were retreating.  By the way, you can still get it when you try to hike up to the largest permanent glacier in the Sierras.  That would be the Palisades Glacier.  I get it every time I go there.  Your head gets lite and fuzzy.  Of course, Unsupported seems to be like that at the Kickoff just above sea level.  When you see him down there just take a close look at him ---- the lost look, the stare, the ball cap, the Jack Daniel's persona, the foam at the mouth, the runny nose, and the burping.  What's up with this?  Cut him some slack.  It is Unsupported's brand of MHD.