[pct-l] wine containers as water bottles

Ann Marie dbanmrkr at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 6 16:17:26 CDT 2011

Re: One of those wine bags would make a great pillow...

I tried this. They are horrible. They make crinkly noises all night long. Do yourself a favor and bring (or sew) a small fleece or flannel bag out of some old scraps, like an old shirt. Your cold ears will thank you.

I can't over-emphasize the need for good sleep on the trail, which requires your head to be more comfortable than any other part of your body.   :)

By the way, NEVER throw old your old clothes or gear since you can recycle them......Cut rectangles out of old shirts to make ditty bags or bandanas or pee rags, or wash rags, save shoelaces from old tennis shoes/boots for replacements or to use in place of bungee cords or bandage ties,, cut squares out of old nylon/polyester jackets and pants to use as patches or potholders or cozys, save odd size plastic bags for medicines or food, cut plastic bottles (all sizes) down to cups or washbasins or water filters (with a bandana.) Always look at everything you plan to throw out with an eye towards recycling it. You'll save quite some gear money doing this.