[pct-l] Shutdown

Brandon McGinnity bmcginnity at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 16:49:39 CDT 2011

That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Beyond the fact that they
are closing a forest (?), they're actually going to keep people on the
grounds while there's a GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN so that the public can't enjoy
the forest. Why not just leave them open, at that point? Isn't all that
public property anyways? We the people, and all that jazz?

This will, however, blow over quick. They're playing chicken right now, and
it's the public who loses. All I know is that no one had better try telling
me I can't hike. In the same line with what Michael said, I'm glad my tarp
is a camo print. And hey, you should do the ghillie suit anyways, that'd be
a cool trail name.

(Oh, and Gerry, as for standing out in the back country, that's poor Leave
No Trace practice. Better to blend in, and just have something with you that
can be bright and visible, in case you need it.)

 --

~ Moccasin