[pct-l] Antishock Trekking Poles

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 01:37:39 CDT 2011

My first poles, years ago, were anti shock.  It sounded like a good idea.
 For me however this just proved to be a gimmick.  I've owned 5 sets of
poles over the years, and all subsequent ones were without the anti shock,
and I find I much prefer them.  I like the firmness of knowing just how they
will land with my weight.  The spring was just a distraction.  I have
carried straight poles for many thousands of miles, and never found a reason
to go back to the anti shock.  On the other hand, I have met others who love
the anti shock.  To each his own, but I just find them to be annoyingly
noisy.  So here's one vote for just poles, no anti shock.

Shroomer