[pct-l] Permethrin

sabra985 sabra985 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 08:49:28 CDT 2011

I would like to share that I just got back from a showing of the Vanishing
Bees, in which the producer highlighted a couple of things:

1) the EPA doesn't do its own testing.
2) It instead relies upon research studies *conducted by the companies
manufacturing the chemicals in question.*
3) There is reason to believe that two systemic pesticides made by Bayer are
largely to blame for "Colony Collapse Disorder" - and there's research
that's been done in Europe substantiating this. However, this last bit of
information that is, perhaps, beyond the scope of this particular community
:-)

My point in posting this is that just because the EPA *says* something is
safe doesn't mean that I will blindly trust them. Who actually did the
research saying that permethrin is safe?