[pct-l] shoe replacement

Eric johner27 at evergreen.edu
Wed Apr 20 14:41:24 CDT 2011

Hi Toby,

I agree with your assessment of your situation.  I started hiking in Vibrams
with a 5 mile hike - big mistake.  Not only were my feet not used to the
lack of cushioning, the blisters were terrible!  I was in pain for about a
week due to the blisters...However, I've now been wearing vibrams or no
shoes constantly for almost a year (1 year in June) and my feet are now
strong enough to handle my weight + pack weight.  I also have callouses
built up so I no longer get blisters from my Vibrams.  My advice would be to
ease slowly into less cushioning, like I said it's taken me a year to get
where I am.  That being said, I think walking and hiking in very minimal
shoes has strengthened my feet and solved some back problems I was having.
If you want more info on this, contact me off-list.

Regards,
Eric
www.primalpct.com