[pct-l] Using Aqua Mira drops with silty water

David Thibault dthibaul07 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 19:54:42 CDT 2011

I carry a small plastic cup like they have in most cheap motels.  Weighs
next to nothing.  Can replace them if you do any motel stays along the way.
And they hold up very well.  It fits into my pot with my stove so it is
protected and takes up no additional space.
I've had one last a whole thru hike.  On the PCT I replaced the one I
carries from Campo with a brand new one in Sisters because I was staying at
a motel that had them and the one I had was getting kinda gross and stained.

Light, Cheap (free), and functional - what more could a thru hiker ask for.

Day-Late