[pct-l] Castle Crags SP

JoAnn jomike at cot.net
Wed Dec 21 17:00:42 CST 2011

I meant to post this almost a week ago...better late than never, I guess.

While driving to/from Redding last week on I-5 I saw a very sad sign. On the freeway sign announcing Castle Crags State Park, over the words next exit was a huge CLOSED sign.

A local newspaper today had a story of Shasta College (in Redding), College of the Siskiyous (Weed) and the Mt. Shasta Trails Association all showing an interest in keeping it open (official slowing isn’t until July 1, 2013).  The State has a formula of the amount needed to be lucrative; “that means any interested party would have to be able to guarantee  about $40,000 per year for the three year period”.

Just thought you’d like to know.

May I also use this time to wish everyone on the Forum a very Merry Christmas and a Happy, and safe, New year.

are we there yet