[pct-l] Which Book to Read ??

abiegen at cox.net abiegen at cox.net
Tue Feb 8 23:17:38 CST 2011

Shroomer wrote:

>I love corn, on the cob, or from a can, fried up in fritters or dried and
>turned into masa for tortillas, tamales and drinks, but I almost starved the
>time I tried to live on corn pasta on a JMT hike.  Everything else I tried
>of Jardine's was spot on, but gag me already, not the corn pasta.  It kept
>me going, but was not pleasant.

Hey that corn pasta is great stuff. I lost 20 pounds on my first High Sierra trek thanks to that stuff. Thought about starting my own weight loss clinic - take people to over 9,000 feet and offer them nothing but corn pasta. Those pounds will just fall off and the corn pasta will be just like Jesus and the loaves - the amount you have will never go down. Until you get to a hiker box that is.

TrailHacker

"When my feet hurt, I can't think straight"
Abraham Lincoln