[pct-l] To Stove or not to Stove

Gerry Zamora gerry0625 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 16:10:35 CST 2011

I made my stove 11grams empty plus a few ounces of fuel and look I have hot
food and can clean water.  Although I can understand the concern over weight
if u plan on a thru hike 5 months every lil bit counts but to not take a
stove just seems a lil well not smart.  I hike 3 times a week here in powder
canyon and I always have water 2L, first aid kit, emergency blanket, energy
bar and a lighter or something to start fire as most of. Cali u can't start
a fire here but I figure if I get hurt I wont be cold.
Gerry0625