[pct-l] Food Rehydration Strategy

Paul Robison paulrobisonhome at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 13 08:03:59 CST 2011

there's going to be 100 opinions/plans,  here's mine.

i sleep in a tent,  so i keep my food in my tent.  my tent is large enough for
my pack, which makes a great elevated foot rest.

as for dishware,  yes these are a pain in the ass, but they're lightweight and
everywhere... i use Ziploc  freezer bags,

make sure they are freezer, not storage if you plan to cook in them.   freezer
bags are boil safe.  storage are not.

in the sections where i have my stove my added dishware is half of a dixie cup,
cut down to hold 8 ounces... just for measuring water to boil,  which then go
in... you guess it... ziploc bags.

hope this helps,

~Outpost.