[pct-l] Verizon Cell Phones???

Dan Engleman danengleman at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 13 11:15:10 CST 2011

Well I have done enough online research to become thoroughly confused about
which phone to buy for my 2011 PCT trek; in my case, when all else fails I
finally ask for help.  My priorities are durability and good battery life; my
ground support person's priority is to have a phone that will work with the new
Spot device (i.e. a smartphone with Android/Google map ability).  I don't really
need a camera or gps, but having Half-mile's maps and an ability to journal
and/or update my friends and/family on Facebook would be cool.  So far I
have gathered that Verizon has the best coverage on the PCT, so I have decided
to switch to Verizon, beyond that ... I am stumped ...

Dan