[pct-l] Ursacks

hetchhetchyman at aol.com hetchhetchyman at aol.com
Tue Feb 15 20:33:45 CST 2011

"These saks worked with
bears too.  In the Cascades of Washington, where concerned hikers were hanging
their food sacks high in trees. At night  I just stored my food and my horse's
food in OpSaks at ground level along with my saddle and packs and covered all
with a tarp. I also surrounded that pile and my tent with bear charms (moth
balls - bears don't like that smell).  I had no problems with either bears or
rodents.

If you put your food inside an OpSak and that inside your Ursak, you would solve
the rodent problem.

MendoRider"

So it's okay to store food at ground level under your saddle so long as it's surrounded by mothballs?