[pct-l] pct list <pct-l at backcountry.net>

Sym Blanchard symbiosis222 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 20:54:22 CST 2011

Still Lookin,

I am about 5/8 of the way done with the PCT, section-hiking because of my
job.  I did the first 350 miles with no hip belt and was okay except for
slightly sore shoulders.  The hip belt does feel more comfortable, but I
don't want to risk another crushed shoulder and broken ankle.

I do hit the gym about  6 times a week, so I will start incorporating more
light-weight high volume work on my neck, shoulders, and back.  Thanks!  I
do a lot of Swedish ball crunches and pulley work so my core is pretty
good.  I will be cranking up on the push-ups.

I like the idea of strengthening my body rather than just strapping on
additional equipment.  I agree that the third world countries have many
better hiking ideas than we do.  The porters on Kilimanjaro inspired me to
carry my extra water bladder on my head when I hiked across the desert.  It
works!

Symbiosis