[pct-l] PCT/Hiking jokes

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Thu Feb 24 10:21:08 CST 2011

Thru-hikers Daisy Mae and ‘Lil Abner hit town for resupply and, predictably,
their first stop was at Ye Olde Family Restaurant.  After seating them, the
server asked, “What’ll it be for you folks today?”

‘Lil Abner replied, “First bring a pitcher of beer and two orders of those
hot wings.  Then, bring two of the roast beef dinner specials, with lots of
extra bread and butter.  With one dinner, bring a Chef’s Salad just
smothered with Ranch Dressing and, with the other, bring a big bowl of the
bean and bacon soup with extra crackers.  To drink, bring two of the
super-size, extra thick milkshakes – one strawberry and one chocolate.  For
desert, make it a big square of that triple-fudge chocolate cake totally
covered with whipped cream and a slice of the pecan pie with two scoops of
vanilla.”

The server thanked them and turned to leave when ‘Lil Abner said, “Hey, wait
a minute.  You haven’t gotten her order yet!”