[pct-l] trail angel donations...

jason moores jmmoores at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 3 02:01:31 CST 2011

Molasses and I usually leave $20 a night for each of us.

I find that this amount is a good starting point for a donation. It's all subjective: are they giving you rides around town, providing food, showers, laundry...?

Keep in mind that money is not the only way that you can pay it back to the angels. There is always something that needs to be done at an angel's house. Cleaning, maintenance, shopping and such. Give what you can, be it money or time, it will be appreciated.

In 2010 Donna put up with myself and four other sick hikers, weeks before Hiker Heaven's official opening, for five days. We "tipped" what we could, but in the end we all did a little cleaning or yard work and I cooked dinner on a few nights for the Saufley's, to give them a break.

Your time can be just as valuable, more so when there are fifty other hikers staying at the same place with only a handful of angel's ministering to all those needs.

Jackass