[pct-l] JMT Bread

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Sat Jan 8 10:33:22 CST 2011

Yes Paul,.....3,000 cal./lb may be lofty, but 1,200 is on the low side.
Besides, I think the calorie count for pure liquid oil is somewhat
higher than 3,500 per pound.
Yoshi gave me a loaf of his JMT bread when we met on the JMT last summer.
It is very dense with lots of nuts and fruits (kind of like fruit cake,
but dehydrated), very tasty and, I suspect calorie dense....much more so
than regular bread.
It probably saved me from a slow, agonizing death by starvation.
Thank you  ''Yoshy''  for saving my life.

JMT Reinhold
Paul wrote
the problem with that calculation is that it ignores how much of it is
actually inert water.
  even 71 Kcal an ounce ( ~1,200 per pound) is VERY high for most bread
products.
  i think guessing anything approaching 3,000 Kcal a pound is lofty.
  pure liquid olive oil is only 3500 a pound