[pct-l] So. Calif. Desert Water Caches

Melanie Clarke melaniekclarke at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 22:34:48 CST 2011

Dear Cruz Control,

86 to 97 is nothing.  I will be able to make great time in anything under
100 degrees.  Maybe this won't be so bad.

How cold does it get in the evening?  I hike until I go to bed so I'm
wondering if I should bring a down jacket.  I've always brought a down
jacket out of paranoia in the Sierra but I'm thinking I can make due with a
down vest and a fleece jacket.  Any suggestions?  I remember Diane
commenting how cold it gets in the desert at night.

Melanie