[pct-l] bounce box statagies

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Wed Jan 12 20:25:26 CST 2011

Good evening, Dale,

My bounce-box strategy is to not use one.  I’ve looked at every scenario of
my resupply method and can’t find any instance where it makes good
dollar-sense.

I plan my purchases or resupply boxes in such a way that I don’t need a
bounce-box.  Yes, a USPS Priority Mail Box can be forwarded at no additional
cost, but if I were to open it for any reason I would have to pay $10-$15 to
send it onward.

The question: Is whatever I take out of the box – or even put in the box –
worth the $10-$15. forwarding postage?  Very few items I might take from the
box either cost, or can’t be purchased locally for less than, $10-$15.  If I
take a $5 item out of the box the overall cost of it to me would be the
original $5 purchase price, plus the forward postage for the remainder of
the box.

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09