[pct-l] Energy bars at whole sale-2

Trekker4 at aol.com Trekker4 at aol.com
Thu Jan 13 13:21:42 CST 2011

I've had ProBars sit around for over 2 years and  taste fine to me; I keep
all hike food in the freezer or fridge most of the  time, regardless of what
brand or type of food it is. I eat 4 oz of Soya Kaas  (soy cheese) daily
when hiking; I've had it sit in the freezer for close to 2  years maybe, and
taste fine; I've had it be out of the freezer/fridge for at  least 3 weeks
one time, and it was fine. Even Kettle Extreme Trail Mix (the best  damn trail
mix around) keeps okay in the freezer. Thaw, pack, mail, put  burden on
back, and walk.
    I have over 30 days worth of hike food, in daily qt  ziplocks, sitting
in the freezer right now; I'll rebuild that to at least 80  days worth in
the next 6-7 weeks, and hope to start eating the oldest on the AZT  in Mar,
and on the NM CDT from Snow Lake north in Apr-May (Right now the Gilas  are at
150% of normal snowpack, but it's way too early to extrapolate that to
Apr-May).

Bob "Trekker"  Brewer
Big Bend Desert Denizen, and...
Naturalized Citizen - Republic of  Texas

"Government cripples you, then hands you a crutch and says, 'See,  if it
wasn't for us, you couldn't walk.' " -- Harry Browne

"If you think  health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it
costs when its free."  -- P J O'Rourke

In a message dated 1/13/2011 11:45:01 A.M. Central Standard Time,