[pct-l] Smart phones

Gerry Zamora gerry0625 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 18:23:45 CST 2011

On my app run keeper I can get gown to 5m of my location u can put in
airplane mode and your phone wont work but gps will.
Gerry
On Jan 17, 2011 2:16 PM, "Paul Robison" <paulrobisonhome at yahoo.com> wrote:
> This is wonderful news... I actually declined to buy a droid because the
salesman said it was like the nv2, that without cell there is no sat. Fix

> So the droid gps chipset is completely independent of he cell service?
>
> How accurate is it?
> ... I kinda wish I knew this last may : (
>
> Sent from my iPod
>
> On 2011-01-17, at 4:36 PM, Gerry Zamora <gerry0625 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Not saying u are wrong. But my droid x does not get its gps fix from cell
towers when I run my app run keeper pro it tells me how many gps satellites
are visable from my location and on alot of my hikes I don't have cell
service yet its tracking my progress and speed and it will show me my
location on a map... check your sources.