[pct-l] Trail Angels near San Bernadino

Brian Forestell briandid at telusplanet.net
Sun Jan 23 15:31:19 CST 2011

Heh All

We are section hiking starting at Cajon Pass on May 6th .  We are flying
into Ontario Airport ( wednesday at around noon) and it looks like about a
$100 taxi fare up to Cajon Pass.  That is if we went directly to cajon Pass
without any stops.  It doesn't include stopping at the REI for fuel (can't
carry it on the plane), getting some fresh food (can't carry some fresh food
from Canada)  or stopping at the post office to ship resupplies.
Fortunattely all of those places are located right along the most direct
route to Cajon Pass.  We have looked at public transportation but it would
take us multiple bus transfers and still would only get us half way.  Are
there any generous souls living in that area who could help us out.?  We
sure would pay for gas and cover whatever expenses you have.  When we
originally ended our section hike from the border to Cajon Pass we were
greeted at the trail head by a hiker who was begging us to help him out with
a car shuttle and was happy to allow one of the thru hikers we were with to
give us a ride down to San Bernadino. Our dreams of trying to hitch down to
San Bernadino on the I-15 never materialized.  I am a big believer that "the
trail provides" but generally that works once your on the trail...  Anyone
who has spent any time on the trail will tell you dozens of serendipidous
encounters along the trail when wonderful things happen.

Trouble